Obsessive Compulsive Anonymous UK
THE TWELVE STEPS
Here are the steps we took, which are suggested as a program of recovery:
1. We admitted we were powerless over our obsessions and compulsions - that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God, as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and a fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being then exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understand God, praying only for knowledge of Gods will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to those who still suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
(Based on "Obsessive Compulsive Anonymous" book, page 17)